We believe that all persons should have a vote about the things that concern them.
- Splitting from the pack can be a good thing to do sometimes. Tell us about a time you did your own thing and had a good outcome.
- Have you ever made a decision too quickly, without thinking about it beforehand? What happened?
- What advice would you give to Gordon, the Goat?
- How did John Cashin encourage other African Americans to participate in politics?
- Why do you think getting black people to participate in government was so important to him?
- It seems as if politics and government in Alabama include everyone much better than they did in John Cashin’s time. But, there are still injustices that affect the lives of some African Americans in Alabama. John Cashin died in 2011. If he were still alive today, do you think he would be silent?
- What did the animals think was unfair (or unjust) about their treatment?
- How did they get the farmer to change his treatment of them?
- What do you think of their way of obtaining what they felt was fair for them? What else could they have done?
- Why do you think Olympia wanted to give her school report by heart, instead of reading it?
- I wonder why there used to be so many things that women weren’t allowed to do?
- Have things happened to you or your friends that didn’t seem fair? Did you use your voice to try and make it right?