- I wonder what the baby chicks are learning about the world from each other and from their mother? What have you learned from your family?
- I wonder what the mother hen felt as she watched her babies come out of their shells? I wonder what she might learn from her chicks? And what your parents might learn from you?
- What do you think about the houses on Mr. Plumbean’s street changing from being all the same to being different?
- Which is better, being like everyone else or being different?
- Is it ever okay to be like everyone else? If so, when?
- Why did the Star-belly Sneetches think they are better? Why did they think their difference meant they couldn’t be friends with the Plain-belly Sneetches? Why did they set themselves apart?
- Are there any situations in which it is okay to treat two things differently because they are different?
- What makes humans equal to one another even when there are some physical or personality/characteristic differences between people?