Social Action on Sundays
At UUCB, Social Action is a part of the regular cadence of worship and faith development. In addition to our annual Social Justice Sunday, the first Sunday of every month follows a 1st hour/2nd hour format with a typical worship hour followed by an hour of workshops.
The workshops give us a chance to learn more interactively and in greater depth about the issues that matter to us and to put our convictions into action as a whole congregation.
Social Action Teams and the HUUB
Focused Social Action at UUCB is now implemented by Social Action teams that each have a vision of justice for a particular issue and wish to organize activities, events, or education on the topics in those spheres.
The Social Action HUUB exists to help the teams fulfill their visions by providing support and helping you make the connections you need to do the work you feel called to do.
- Green Sanctuary Focuses on sustainability and Earth Justice issues.
- Rainbow Alliance Fosters understanding and support for persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Causes UUCB Has Supported
- The World March for Peace and Nonviolence
- Opposition to the Death Penalty
- Anti-Racism Task Force
- Food Not Bombs
- Reduction of carbon emissions with 350.org
- Occupy Binghamton
- Standing on the Side of Love
- Immigration as a Moral Issue – SJ Sunday
- Mother’s Day of Peace
- BTNAACP Legal Redress Committee
- Children of Abraham (interfaith group)
UUA Social Justice
Learn more about the Unitarian Universalist Association’s commitment to social justice.