During the tenure of the Rev. Richard Woodman, 1954-63, the congregation built and moved to its present quarters on Riverside Drive. When the Universalist Church of America merged with the American Unitarian Association in May of 1961, this church became the Unitarian Universalist Church of Binghamton. A wing was added to the building in 1968 to accommodate the growing Religious Education program.
In 1991, we held a Centennial Celebration of the founding of the First Universalist Church of Binghamton and the following year the membership voted to be known as the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Binghamton. In April 1992, the Congregation voted overwhelmingly to become a “Welcoming Congregation.”