Veggie Cook-Off during Social Hours on Sunday, Sept. 11
Do you have a favorite vegetarian or vegan recipe that you think would sell well at UUCB’s Veggie Fest fund-raising event, coming up in late September? Whip up a batch of your favorite veggie dish and enter it in our cook-off on September 11th. Congregants will be invited to sample your creations along with their coffee, and vote for their favorites. A panel of judges will select a few dishes from among the winners to serve at our fall fund-raiser. Some criteria for cook-off entries include:
· All entries must be vegetarian or vegan (please label)
· Please provide a detailed recipe
· The dish must be able to be made in advance, and kept warm or cold for several hours, with no last-minute prep necessary
· The recipe should not be too complicated, and should not feature very expensive or hard-to-find ingredients
· We would especially like to offer dishes featuring fresh, locally-sourced veggies.
Please bring your delicious vegetarian or vegan dish, and accompanying recipe, to the cook-off table in the Social Hall following either service on Sunday, September 11th. Contact Debby Herman for more info.